Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Work experience

I'm currently doing work experience at Optimo Designs, a design firm that does work for the big clients, like borders, nestle etc. It's everything that I would like to do once I get out of school. But after spending a couple of days 'working' there, it's not what I imagined it to be. I realised, putting me in an office space staring at a book shelf for about 7 hours a day, is definitely not good for the soul. I've had less to no work to do, other than some colour correction of images, very dull. The people are lovely, but, I guess they're just way too old for me to relate to. It may be the design industry to hauls in the big money, but I don't know if I can sit in an office for much longer!

Which brings me to the question, can I survive being in an office 5 days a week, no windows, no colour, just for the money? Or am I going to be one of those people thats poor but enjoyes where they work? I've always said to myself, even if it's boring, you gotta do it for the money, it's worth it, but I'm not so sure anymore.

Hopefully I'll get transferred into a more design studio with slightly younger people, so I feel more at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment